Go Jimmy Go!


"Go, Jimmy. Go!"shouts Sarah.
"Yes. Go, Jimmy. Go!" he thinks. "I can win this race. I know I can! I can!"

Today I read Go Jimmy Go!
It is a story of Sports day. Jimmy is a student and he is in a wheelchair.
He wanted to run 800 meter race. But , firstly his teacher doesn't accept his wish.
Then, he asked principle. As a result he can entry the race.

Before the sports day, he practiced very hard, firstly he was not very first runner, but he never give up.

On the Sports day, first he was slower than the other students. But, his speed was gradually increased. Finally he caught up with Anthony. Disappointingly he couldn't win to Anthony. However their competition was so great.

It is true that it's dangerous to compete with normal person and person who is in a wheelchair. But I think it is so great that teachers accepted Jimmy's wish and they permitted Jimmy to run 800 meters.

When I was a high school, I belonged to Track and Field club and I was a middle and long distance runner. I always run 800 meters. After I read this book I'm very missed.

Rob Waring and Maurice Jamall, Go Jimmy Go!, Foudations Reading Library.



コメント

  1. But, his speed was gradually up.
    But his speed gradually increased.

    teachers were accepted Jimmy's wish
    teachers accepted Jimmy's wish

    返信削除
  2. Don't forget to keep writing book reviews, including the books you are reading for literature circles.

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

人気の投稿