Lorna Doone

When I opened may eyes again, I saw a young girl beside me. She was about eight years old. "What's your name?" She asked. "How did you get into the valley?" She had a sweet voice, and beautiful dark eyes and hair.

Today I read "Lorna Doone".  The passage is a scene which main character, John Ridd met a heroine of this story, Lorna for the first time. This time they fell in love each other. But they were still young and they had a trouble in  their family. Some years later they met again and they promised for marriage.

John Ridd is a farmer and Lorna is a princess, so their social position is quite different, so people who surrounded Lorn said that Lorna is very foolish. But she never change her decision. I feel her strong affection to John. Also, John had many troubles, but he always believes her.

I didn't met such a special person ever before, but I want to meet that person in the future. This story is combined with many fight, but ending is so good. Firstly I think this story is slightly boring, but continue to read, I realized that this story is so interesting.

It is true that the waiting is little difficult and also to continue loving is too difficult. But they had a true love. It was so nice and I was so moved.

R.d. Blackmore, Lorna Doone, Macmillan Readers.

コメント

人気の投稿